There’s nothing we love more than indulging in a delectable dessert when it’s cold and crisp outside. Oksana and Miceál of Fantastic Flavours Ice Cream Parlour have an incredibly tasty and simple recipe below that will do just the trick!
- 18 digestive biscuits
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 32 oz cream cheese
- 1 and a 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1/4 cup cream flour
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and grease a pan.
- Place a shallow pie-pan with water on the bottom of the oven.
- Make base with biscuits, sugar and butter.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer, until smooth.
- Add milk and eggs. Mix with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk sour cream with vanilla.
- Add flour into filling.
- Add sour cream mixture. Mix with a spoon. Pour over the base in a pan.
- Place in oven. Bake for one hour. Don’t open the oven! Turn-off oven and leave cheesecake for three to four hours in the oven. Still don’t open oven!
- Chill cheesecake in a fridge overnight.
- Top cheesecake with you favourite fruit reduction and chill for additional two to three hours.
Plate the cheesecake and serve!
Recipe by Oksana Shadrina and Miceál O’Hurley, proprietors of the Food Awards Ireland 2017 Dessert Outlet of the Year.
Fantastic Flavours Ice Cream Parlour
74 North Main Street, Youghal, Cork
086 107 0017